Current Employment Opportunities are listed below.
Job Title: Purchasing/Inventory Control
Summary: Under minimal supervision, this position purchases and distributes materials and supplies, creates work orders and negotiates with vendors and contractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, other duties and tasks may also be performed):
- Monitor inventory levels, order materials and supplies as needed
- Plan and process work orders using ERP
- Inspect provided material for appearance and conformity to requirements specified on purchase orders or work orders; notify supervisor of any discrepancy or concern
- Distribute materials and stock supplies
- Interface with vendors and contractors, both current and prospective
- Expedite material as necessary for customer requirements
- Provide documentation of purchasing process to accounting department as required
- Track attendance in the ERP system, practice effective time management
- Perform work accurately, neatly and on time
- Comply with all policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Cooperate with coworkers and supervisors
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or GED; trade school or college a plus
- 2 years planning/purchasing experience
- Ability to read calipers and operate a calculator and computer
- Machine shop experience a plus
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language. Ability to effectively interact with other employees in a professional and respectful manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Monitor and review information from materials, events or the environment to detect or assess problems. Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.