Current Employment Opportunities are listed below.
Job Title: Hone Machinist
Reports To: Shop Supervisor
Summary: Under minimal supervision, this position hones ring gages for pre-lap processing and hones, laps and assembles air ring gages. Work includes the fabrication, modification or repair of products sold by and tools used at Western Gage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, other duties and tasks may also be performed):
- Inspect provided material for appearance and conformance to requirements specified on work orders before beginning and after completing any operation; notify supervisor of any discrepancy or concern
- Hone, lap and flat grind rings
- Grind laps
- Chamfer and put radius on edges of rings
- Operate hone machines, grinders and lathes
- Perform chrome plating process safely and accurately
- Track attendance and time in the ERP system, practices effective time management
- Abide by safety requirements and procedures
- Comply with all policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Cooperate with coworkers and supervisors
- Other tasks and duties as required
To perform this job effectively, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or GED; trade school or college a plus
- 1 year honing or machine operator experience a plus
- Use of measurement equipment including micrometers, dial calipers and indicators, etc.
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language. Ability to effectively interact with other employees in a professional and respectful manner.