Current Employment Opportunities are listed below.
- The pay ranges for this position is $21 to $28 per Hour
Summary: This position utilizes manually controlled machines, hand tools and measuring equipment. Work includes the fabrication, modification or repair of products sold by and tools used at Western Gage.
- Inspect provided material for appearance and conformance to requirements specified on work orders before beginning and after completing any operation; notify supervisor of any discrepancy or concern
- Process parts to print or order specifications
- Processes may include turning, milling, drilling, tapping, deburring
- ID/OD/Flat grind
- Provide input to engineering department on fabrication issues
- Hard chrome plate and black oxide processing
- Use gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements to .00001, inspect all work pieces in order to detect and remedy defects and insure conformance to specifications
- Track attendance and time in the ERP system, practice effective time management
- Abide by safety requirements and procedures
- Comply with all policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Cooperate with coworkers and supervisors
- Other tasks and duties as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of machine shop operations and mechanical design
- Ability to read mechanical blue prints
- Some Proficient in Excel, Word and ERP type computer programs
- High School or GED; trade school or college a plus
- Use of measurement equipment including micrometer, dial calipers and indicators, etc.
- Basic math
To perform this job effectively, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language. Ability to effectively interact with other employees in a professional and respectful manner.